New layout and template testing for a few hours.

Posted by alias1776 
December 30, 2012 02:56PM
#   Quote
Admin

A new template will be live on the site for a few hours. Please do not be alarmed, its not staying (yet).

Please let me know of any issues and how it works on your phones... any comments, suggestions or weather you like it or not.

If pages do not display correctly, please empty your browsers cache or try hitting ctrl+F5 a few times really fast to force a fresh page.

Thanks!

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2012 03:02PM by alias1776.
December 30, 2012 03:03PM
#   Quote

Personally, I'd like a different color scheme, like inverting the colors of the black colored fonts and the white background, but that's just my preference. On possibility I like the thought of is minor "theme" adjustments everyone could customize in their Control Center to say, change the main site background and default text coloration.

Do right—and fear not.
December 30, 2012 03:05PM
#   Quote
Admin

I was actually working on an OD green type layout like this one .. and planning on cleaning the themes and adding a theme selector (for colors/layout) in the control center.

Good suggestions!

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
December 30, 2012 03:25PM
#   Quote

As to how the threads are displayed, it's a little confusing to me, but if this becomes permenant, I will just have to learn to use it

If there is to be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may know peace.
~Thomas Paine
December 30, 2012 03:29PM
#   Quote

I think I like the old one better. But that's just me.

There are three types of people. Sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. I will be a sheepdog.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed." Luke 11:21
"And He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it along, likewise also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one.'" Luke 22:36
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. George Washington.
December 30, 2012 03:36PM
#   Quote
Admin

I see what you mean ahoward -- The traditional thread view is much simpler I think.

Thanks for the input sheepdog! Who knows, maybe that one will be polished up with color options. grinning smiley

December 30, 2012 05:05PM
#   Quote
Admin

This is not bad, definitely different, and different always takes a little time to get accustomed to.

Id leave it for a day and see how well people respond. After a whole day of use, it might grow on us faster, especially if it came up either OD or at least slightly user controllable.

Even if its reverted to the previous format, I definitely think the recent posts side bar should stay. It makes it easier to know if its on a thread we are more interested in but havent followed yet instead of having to load in and see its not something were interested in.
December 30, 2012 05:40PM
#   Quote

SheepDog
I think I like the old one better. But that's just me.

It was sort of a shock to the system to log on and get a "different" forum.

But if there are better features,then I'm all for it.

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”
-Ayn Rand

Irrefutable FACT: Governments with a monopoly on the use of force -enabled by weapons control laws- murdered 170 million people in the 20th century alone.
December 30, 2012 06:41PM
#   Quote

l feel like a dog and someone's moved my food bowl...

But l fear change.

Guess l'll get used to it.
December 30, 2012 07:54PM
#   Quote

I feel like my dog when mommy puts the toilet lid down.

~Thomas Paine
December 30, 2012 08:01PM
#   Quote
Admin

Thanks for the input everyone. I don't wan't to leave it up overnight as I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow lol. I don't wan't you guys stuck with the template (its not done).

Setting the old template back. Again, if things don't look right.. ctrl+F5 a few times or clear your browsers cache.

I have to say, I kinda like the sidebar so perhaps the old layout (the one before this white one) with a sidebar would be a good compromise. smileys with beer

cz7
December 30, 2012 08:42PM
#   Quote

testing testing ....BSOD its normal !!! eekkss bugs kill them fast !!!DOWNLOAD ERROR95 NOW

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
December 30, 2012 08:43PM
#   Quote
Admin

LOL cz7!! The good old days grinning smiley

cz7
December 30, 2012 08:54PM
#   Quote

cz7
testing testing ....BSOD its normal !!! eekkss bugs kill them fast !!!DOWNLOAD ERROR95 NOW
Download Now -[www.thefreesite.com]

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2012 08:55PM by cz7.
December 30, 2012 11:02PM
#   Quote
Admin

cz7
cz7
Download Now -[www.thefreesite.com]

hot smiley My family is going to love this hahahahaha

January 03, 2013 09:01AM
#   Quote

I like the O.D. green. It's easy on the eyes.
No problem with the new format.
January 14, 2013 06:22PM
#   Quote

Just FYI, my "Recent messages" down the right side is currently displaying a bunch of messages from 2010... About a "Meet and Greet". Just letting you know, not complaining grinning smiley

Sons of Liberty, Operations Officer

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
January 14, 2013 06:25PM
#   Quote

I got that as well

~Thomas Paine
January 15, 2013 03:38PM
#   Quote
Admin

The actual posts or old threads started during 2010? And does it happen when your logged in or only before?

I'm confused as all hell as to why that would be happening to you guys lol

January 15, 2013 03:57PM
#   Quote

Well, it's gone now. But it was a bunch of posts, all in the same thread. And the thread hadn't been used since 2010.

Sons of Liberty, Operations Officer

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
February 17, 2013 05:28PM
#   Quote

Good grief, I leave for two months and finally get to come back and yall rearrange the furniture in the house....now I can't find the bathroom.

But really, I doesn't look bad

I am not ashamed nor afraid to say that if you come to take my rifle, I will demonstrate TOWARDS you good marksmanship.
February 17, 2013 10:29PM
#   Quote
Admin

LOL, just remember to lift the toilet seat this time! smileys with beer & wb!

February 19, 2013 07:39PM
#   Quote

alias1776
LOL, just remember to lift the toilet seat this time! smileys with beer & wb!

Ooops...eye rolling smiley

Thanks! Good to be back

I am not ashamed nor afraid to say that if you come to take my rifle, I will demonstrate TOWARDS you good marksmanship.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!