New layout and template for testing (redux).

Posted by alias1776 
January 02, 2013 04:25PM
#   Quote
Admin

For a few hours, a new template will be on the site for testing. Please give your opinions and let me know if anything isn't working.

Again, you may need to hit CTRL+F5 a few times in a row (fast) to clear your browsers cache in order for the new template and layout to display correctly.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
January 02, 2013 04:41PM
#   Quote

OK, this one I like.

There are three types of people. Sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. I will be a sheepdog.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed." Luke 11:21
"And He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it along, likewise also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one.'" Luke 22:36
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. George Washington.
January 02, 2013 04:44PM
#   Quote
Admin

Damn near perfect.
January 02, 2013 04:47PM
#   Quote

Bravo, we have a winner

If there is to be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may know peace.
~Thomas Paine
January 02, 2013 04:58PM
#   Quote

The only thing needed is a link to take us to the newest post in the thread, or did I miss it?

There are three types of people. Sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. I will be a sheepdog.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed." Luke 11:21
"And He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it along, likewise also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one.'" Luke 22:36
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. George Washington.
January 02, 2013 05:12PM
#   Quote
Admin

Its the "last post" by link under the date. I'll try to make it easier to see when I get a little more time. Work in progress LOL.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
January 02, 2013 05:32PM
#   Quote

OK, I got it now. Thank you

January 02, 2013 05:45PM
#   Quote

Looks good Alias thumbs up

Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

From Arctic Patriot: "Do not be the lone crossbowman holding his fire until he sees the whites of the armored knight's eyes behind his visor. Shoot that horse down as far away as you can. Then run, and do it again when you must."

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy" - James Madison

Age will not matter.
Strength of conviction and resolve
will carry us all through this.
Each of us will have a part to play
to the best of our ability. We will feed
off each others strengths and weakness.
Giving words of courage and showing it
as well. Encourage others, show strength
and plant the seeds of Liberty everyday.
We are ThreePercenters. - DEFENDER
January 02, 2013 09:48PM
#   Quote

Is this color our way of combating global warming?
January 02, 2013 09:51PM
#   Quote
Admin

Kevlar762
Is this color our way of combating global warming?

*scratches head* I thought we were combating global cooling this year?!

January 02, 2013 09:52PM
#   Quote

Damn, thats right, the CO2 is increasing the size of polar ice this year....
cz7
January 02, 2013 10:06PM
#   Quote

main area light tan is easier on the eyes ..rest is good

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
January 02, 2013 10:17PM
#   Quote
Admin

cz7
main area light tan is easier on the eyes ..rest is good

Good idea, especially on the list pages.

I'm thinking having underlined links in the post text would help too.

And finding a better way to show sticky topics... They seem to blend to much with the rest as they don't have that icon next to them. Work in progress borther!

I'm pretty addicted to having recent messages on the sidebar already. smiling bouncing smiley

January 02, 2013 10:22PM
#   Quote

<3 the recent messages link.
January 02, 2013 10:53PM
#   Quote
Admin

I think I'll leave this template up.. its nearing completion (unless someone freaks out and gives a good enough reason not to?).

January 02, 2013 11:22PM
#   Quote

OK! I like the new set up.

III%
SOVEREIGN BY THE GRACE OF GOD
“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.” -James Madison
GOD BLESS
January 03, 2013 08:42AM
#   Quote

I like it.

Close enough to the old system with some new fancy stuff thrown in.

HEY! I found my food bowl!smiling bouncing smiley

I don't plan on dyin'.

I mean, yes, it is definitely a possibility, but I'd rather shoot 'n scoot to get some more.

My plan is to be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

Like a sandpaper dildo.
January 04, 2013 02:48AM
#   Quote

Looking good!

Do right—and fear not.
January 04, 2013 12:34PM
#   Quote

I love it, daddy left the toilet seat up again.

~Thomas Paine
January 04, 2013 01:17PM
#   Quote

One thing I noticed that may need attention is if it's a lot of new posts, they don't all show up in the sidebar.

It's only happened a couple of times to me, but the sidebar was showing no new messages, but scrolling down the topic list, I found a couple new posts.

January 04, 2013 01:26PM
#   Quote
Admin

The sidebar shows the last 10? most recent posts. If they are new, it shows new but if there are more than 10 new posts/topics and you read the most recent ones ... their will still be new older topics. They are just older than the last 10 so they don't get displayed in the sidebar.

I might bump it up to 15.. just trying not to slow the board down.

January 04, 2013 09:04PM
#   Quote

I love the recent posts bar on the right side. Overall, sweet man.

Sons of Liberty, Operations Officer

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
January 04, 2013 09:11PM
#   Quote

Greetings from South Carolina!
cz7
January 04, 2013 11:19PM
#   Quote

thxs to heed my request... that's some good cooken now ....thxs easy to read and high lights the main settings ...Thank You

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
January 05, 2013 08:44AM
#   Quote

Nice colors!
January 05, 2013 02:06PM
#   Quote

In the sign up, can you put up a notice to first post in the introduction forum, or even better, somehow make it so that a new member cannot post anywhere until they post there?

~Thomas Paine
January 05, 2013 03:29PM
#   Quote
Admin

I'll look into caging users until they introduce themselves ahoward.. I certainly can make the registration page reflect the introduction part. thumbs up

January 05, 2013 04:08PM
#   Quote

Thanks, I have noticed quite a few people lately drop in, put up one post with some questionable information, the sources of which they will not discuss at all. Just my thought that someone with one post, containing earth shattering information, and not a single word about their sources.

~Thomas Paine
January 05, 2013 04:23PM
#   Quote
Admin

lol, I know what you mean... I dunno if introductions will prevent that or not but its def. worth a try!

January 05, 2013 07:01PM
#   Quote

I like the new look and agree on the intro part. I lurked around a bit before posting.

Time is drawing near.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!