Hosting hardware upgrade notice

Posted by alias1776 
August 28, 2013 01:41PM
#   Quote
Admin

Within 24-48 hours, we should expect the process of switching to new server hardware powered by CentOS to begin. I am not anticipating much downtime, though there may be some.

Basically, what will happen is the current data for the boards will be copied over to the new server. The data being copied over will be up to date as possible, however, there is a small chance a post/topic or two could be lost if a topic/post is made immediately after the copy has been transferred.

Once data has been transferred, traffic will be redirected to the new server.

I'm waiting on information about any required DNS changes and possibly, a new server name which would require some members utilizing SSL to update there bookmarks (the url that starts of with ###gator).

I'll keep you all updated on the changes and will try to notify you when the changes are occurring so you can expect it.

edit/update:
Everything has been successfully moved over to the new hardware.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2013 09:30AM by alias1776.
August 28, 2013 03:06PM
#   Quote

Noooooooo, no downtime, how can you do that for us.

If there is to be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may know peace.
~Thomas Paine
August 28, 2013 03:19PM
#   Quote

I'm getting an urge to curl up in to a fetal position do to
the anticipation of separation anxiety!
August 28, 2013 03:21PM
#   Quote

Now Obummer will use that time to do something and no commsangry smiley

III%
Molon Labe
August 28, 2013 03:35PM
#   Quote

I know right, I am already having separation anxiety just thinking about the separation anxiety

If there is to be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may know peace.
~Thomas Paine
August 28, 2013 04:35PM
#   Quote
Admin

lol, it shouldn't be that bad. Hopefully just long enough to make coffee! Besides, things *should* work faster when everything switches over smileys with beer

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
August 28, 2013 04:53PM
#   Quote

What if it never comes back online. lol

Blue helmets contrast well with black iron sights....
August 28, 2013 05:00PM
#   Quote
Admin

@Burley That would indicate something else happened and we should all probably consider listening to some shortwave for a while lol

August 28, 2013 05:08PM
#   Quote

alias1776
@Burley That would indicate something else happened and we should all probably consider listening to some shortwave for a while lol
What band, frequency, time frame?

III%
Molon Labe
August 28, 2013 05:45PM
#   Quote
Admin

I meant that in general 6315.

August 28, 2013 05:53PM
#   Quote

LOL, got my radio out too.

III%
Molon Labe
August 28, 2013 06:32PM
#   Quote
Admin

LoL, why did you ever put it away?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!