Forum Update

Posted by alias1776 
February 08, 2014 12:56PM
#   Quote
Admin

I've made a couple changes to the boards today in order to reserve inodes/file space.

I'll be removing m.threepercenter.org. If you were using the legacy website at m.threepercenter.org, you will still be able to use the same template here.

The legacy template has been added here and is available in your Control Center under "Options -> Forum Settings". Some find the legacy template simpler to use with their slab phones.

If you do change templates, you may need to clear your browsers cache. In windows, you can always just use combinations keys (usually ctrl+f5) on any pages that do not display correctly.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
February 08, 2014 01:28PM
#   Quote

What did he say?confused smiley

You can have my weapon when I am dead, careful though, the barrel's gonna be hot.
Airborne!! [m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
February 08, 2014 01:40PM
#   Quote

He said us smart phone users are now second class
Citizens!
February 08, 2014 01:44PM
#   Quote

What the hell?!

You can have my weapon when I am dead, careful though, the barrel's gonna be hot.
Airborne!! [m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
February 08, 2014 03:01PM
#   Quote
Admin

LOL slab phones = big hunks of glass that some refer to as "smart" grinning smiley

The old mobile site/legacy template is available in everyone's control center now. That's really the only difference. That and the old site is being removed to save on file space (well, inodes/file counts).

Damn LOL

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
February 08, 2014 03:46PM
#   Quote

Yea but that doesn't make me as much as a victim!
February 09, 2014 07:08PM
#   Quote
Admin

Did you just pull out your "mobile user" card? grinning smiley

I'll eventually get something up specifically for mobile phone users. Until then, I'm trying to fix the weird caching issue when some browsers switch templates/themes.

February 16, 2014 09:37AM
#   Quote

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. Is there some special app for my cellphone?
February 16, 2014 10:01AM
#   Quote
Admin

There isn't any cell phone apps yet. However, some smartphone users find the old template/theme to be easier to use on their phones.

To try it out go to: Control Center and in the left bar under Options > Forum Settings you can change the theme/template to "Old Theme 1.0". However, you may need to clear your browsers cache to see any changes and the theme will only be displayed while your logged in. You can change it back by selecting default or Threeper Green.

I've started to work on a phone specific version which will be more of a webapp than native app, however, it will be slow in coming. Shrinking down the board to fit perfectly on a phone isn't a clear-cut process. As the board shrinks, I have to remove features. Having the number of boards we do here (for networking and such) also becomes a problem.

February 16, 2014 10:11AM
#   Quote

Great, thank you for the info,
February 16, 2014 10:14AM
#   Quote
Admin

No problem and welcome aboard!

February 16, 2014 10:59AM
#   Quote

I agree, our liberty is all we have
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!