Suggestion Box

Posted by alias1776 
February 11, 2012 11:11AM
#   Quote

There's living people outside of my smart phone?

THAT'S CONSPIRACY THEORY!

I normally keep a piece of Scotch tape over the back camera; but once I get the new one
I'll have to put a piece of Scotch tape on two cameras (front & back) LOL!
February 29, 2012 02:22AM
#   Quote

Well, I couldn't stand to wait any longer to replace my original DROID that I got back in November
of 09! I got the DROID RAZR MAXX for the extra long battery life! But i stil can't figure out how to
post pictures here? I tried to go through Picasa, but it seems like it only will work with other
Social media like Facebook? Any suggestions?
February 29, 2012 09:32AM
#   Quote

Look for another website to upload to, photobucket being one possible example (or just search for websites with image hosting), upload to said website, and then the site will usually give you the ability to copy similar code to what you'd use to post any other picture in the forums here that's already out on the web.
February 29, 2012 10:29AM
#   Quote

I tried transferring all the various picture codes, but none of them produced a picture!
It just printed the code on the post! But no actual picture?
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 10:39AM by ENblock.
March 04, 2012 02:57PM
#   Quote
Admin

Sorry for the long wait -- I've been writing a new we b application from scratch.

Anyway, the proper format to display a picture is this:

[ img ]http://www.threepercenter.org/templates/threeper/images/h_threepercenter.gif[ /img ]

Which, if the spaces are removed from the brackets will display:

Many, probably not all though.. "BBCodes" work this way. However, the above should work for all standard image types. Sorry for your frustration EnBlock!!

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 08:37PM by alias1776.
March 04, 2012 05:46PM
#   Quote

I finally got a picture to post on a test post, thanks!

Someone showed me to use your picture icon function to past the photo bucket links!
I was mistakenly trying to post the links directly!
March 04, 2012 06:10PM
#   Quote

Finally!

You can post me a picture of your subcompact 1911!!!!!

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”
-Ayn Rand

Irrefutable FACT: Governments with a monopoly on the use of force -enabled by weapons control laws- murdered 170 million people in the 20th century alone.
March 04, 2012 06:50PM
#   Quote

You already saw it! It was the 3" PARA stainless with my ankle holster!
March 04, 2012 07:28PM
#   Quote

Probably....but that doesn't mean I don't want to see it again....you should get snake skin looking grips and get "Molon Labe" in Greek on them or something.

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”
-Ayn Rand

Irrefutable FACT: Governments with a monopoly on the use of force -enabled by weapons control laws- murdered 170 million people in the 20th century alone.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 07:28PM by Kalashnikov Josh.
March 04, 2012 10:03PM
#   Quote

Yeah, like I got money to burn!

OK, I'll do another pix, geez!
March 04, 2012 10:14PM
#   Quote

March 04, 2012 10:18PM
#   Quote
Admin

It works!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
#   Quote

It's a 10 round double stack .45ACP!

It only functions reliably with +P ammo because of
the stiff recoil springs!
#   Quote

Aww what a nice dog!

Say- do you prefer those rougher textured rubberized wraparounds to more conventional stocks?

-Ayn Rand

March 04, 2012 10:35PM
#   Quote

Very limited in choices on the double stacks! But I do like the feel and the anti slip of the ruber!

Oh, she's a "Dawg"!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 10:36PM by ENblock.
March 04, 2012 10:41PM
#   Quote

Watching the history channel "tales of the gun" about Browning they discussed the SAS mods to the Hi-Power and those types of stocks are part of that package.

I tried some custom made wood ones on my Arcus,but went back to the pachmayer wrap arounds cause they just feel better.

-Ayn Rand

March 04, 2012 11:12PM
#   Quote

I kept the new wood stocks on my P35!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 11:13PM by ENblock.
March 04, 2012 11:17PM
#   Quote

You should consider some rubberized wrap arounds.

Don't know about you,but IMHO,if its something the SAS think is an "improvement",then its probably a good idea lol.

(nice comp by the way)

-Ayn Rand

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 11:17PM by Kalashnikov Josh.
March 04, 2012 11:22PM
#   Quote

Thanks, I still have the original barrel too!

I do agree about your grip preference, but I almost never shoot the darn thing because it's
just a silly little 9mm!
March 04, 2012 11:32PM
#   Quote

Don't start.

And if its such a silly caliber,then why don't you send that beauty of a pistol over here to me where she can be properly appreciated?

I'll pay the shipping...........

-Ayn Rand

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 11:32PM by Kalashnikov Josh.
March 04, 2012 11:54PM
#   Quote

But then i wouldn't have a 9mm to burn up some else's ammo!
March 05, 2012 12:03AM
#   Quote

Well even if its someone else ammo,it still sucks right?

That puny,worthless pellet gun of a pistol cartridge........

I'll PM you my address,so you can rid yourself of any handgun in such a pathetic chambering,ok?

-Ayn Rand

March 05, 2012 03:58AM
#   Quote

I'm sorry, but once I own a gun I never sell it! I might trade, but not sell!
March 05, 2012 11:16PM
#   Quote

On a new subject, I haven't been able to post on here when using the Tor browser. Each time I try to, I get an HTTP 403/404 error from the server. Is there any way that can be addressed?

Also, I've noticed there's no HTTPS version of the site. Any chance that can be changed? I'm in a computer networks class at my university and playing with Wireshark, I've gained a huge understanding of how vulnerable passwords are if you don't use a secure connection (especially on an unencrypted wifi connection).

Do right—and fear not.
March 06, 2012 05:01PM
#   Quote

ENblock
I'm sorry, but once I own a gun I never sell it! I might trade, but not sell!

sorry Shade but I had to.,

I'm not saying "sell".If its chambered in such a worthless cartridge,wouldn't it be good to just get rid of it?

I'll do ya a favor an' take it off yer hands fer ya......

-Ayn Rand

March 06, 2012 08:20PM
#   Quote

Now why would i do that when I can get another 1911 for it?
March 06, 2012 08:27PM
#   Quote
Admin

Shade Skypage -- HTTPS will likely be added in the future (just not right now). Most (nearly all) security risks can be mitigated if the end user isn't careless .. as you pointed out: simple things such as not encrypting your wifi connection poses a security risk. Session security isn't a problem here [so far, sessions are encrypted] and everything you post is pretty much public so a user in the middle (or hijacker) isn't going to obtain much.. maybe some plain text of a private message but not your password via session. SSL should cover the rest down the line even though SSL can be hijacked too. No site is ever 100% secure -- sooner we except that the better. HTTP was never built for security and all security measures are mere add-ons. What we really need is a replacement for HTTP, standards that cannot be ignored by browsers and a whole lot of coffee =0D

As so-far-as ToR, the problem is ToR. I've only tested this site once wayyyyyyyy back with ToR (when playing with it) and everything worked fine, albeit slow. Beyond that, I'd restart and double check your settings.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 08:29PM by alias1776.
March 06, 2012 08:42PM
#   Quote
Admin

I forgot, the host has a shared SSL cert.

[secure827.hostgator.com]

For https, use the above link. Problem solved and I can continue to be lazy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out (Improvements will come down the line, but I've got a full plate!).

March 07, 2012 12:26AM
#   Quote

I've tried repeatedly, and so far as I can tell it's not the browser. I updated it recently and have been having the posting issue since before then (at least as far back as January). This is the text of the error that occurs:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at threepercenter.org Port 80

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I figured I'd let you know.

As an added note, is there any way of adding a seperator between posts and signatures? I added one as a part of my signature, but I find myself reading other's posts and continuing straight into the signature sometimes.

Do right—and fear not.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 12:41AM by Shade Skypage.
March 07, 2012 05:52PM
#   Quote

ENblock
Now why would i do that when I can get another 1911 for it?

Well,you do have a point there......I was just trying to help ya out with that worthless pea shooter tho man........

-Ayn Rand

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!