Books?

Posted by Hotel Romeo 
October 13, 2011 09:27PM
#   Quote

Anyone have any book recommendations?

Born free, live free, die free
October 13, 2011 10:38PM
#   Quote

You'll learn how it's all been engineered; our enslavement through the centuries
with out us even comprehending it! Download chapter-15 from this site:

[www.free-energy-info.com]

And you can learn about the UCC here:

[www.supremelaw.org]

And you can learn about brainwashing a whole nation here:

[www.fhu.com]

Plus there's RULES for RADICALS by Saul Alinsky!
October 15, 2011 09:29PM
#   Quote
Admin

Behold A Pale Horse by William Cooper.

I'm gonna sticky this one...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
October 16, 2011 12:10AM
#   Quote

Although it may not be on the direct vein of books to expose the ridiculousness of the government we live under now, the series I'm reading now winds up doing so in a more subtle way. The series is called The Sword of Truth, the first book being Wizard's First Rule. It's a great series with battles of description similar to Lord of the Rings (and bigger), yet at the same time imparts a incredible wisdom and love of liberty. This is the definition of the wizard's first rule, as explained in the book:

"Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so all the easier to fool."

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the author holds the Founders' Republic in high regard, with how the main character has developed in the story. At very least, he seems to have a kindred view on a lot of topics, as evidenced below.

"Some leaders have preached peace, even saying self-defense is wrong. It seems the best of intentions to shun violence. In the end, it often leads to slaughter, where the threat of violence in the beginning would have prevented the attack, and resulted in no violence. They put their good intentions above the realities of life. They accuse warriors of being bloodthirsty, when the warriors could have prevented bloodshed."
October 19, 2011 08:02AM
#   Quote

Oh, and if you really want to go deep diving into the rabbit hole, you really gotta
check out David Vaughan Icke's books! [davidickebooks.co.uk]
October 21, 2011 11:31PM
#   Quote

Thank You!!! Also, Check out Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse by James Wesley
October 27, 2011 09:26AM
#   Quote
Admin

Just wanted to add that Google books has many free books on our founding fathers and early republic... Some make for some good reading (especially if you have an ebook reader... It may just be me but reading a book on a comp is a pain).

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
October 27, 2011 11:40AM
#   Quote

Yeah, ereaders with an e-ink display are much nicer on the eyes. Faster to read than a printed book, too. No page curve. I've read more than 30 books over the past year on mine.
November 28, 2011 09:24PM
#   Quote

Off the top of my head since I am n my iPad.

Entertainment

The Road
Patriots (read this with a notebook handy)
Survivors
One second after
Alas Bablon

Educaional

Patriots
SAS survival
Battlefield medicine
Stand your ground
Where there is no doctor
Foragers handbook

That's a start, read them & let's talk smiling smiley
I have an extensive library & the above is what jumped to mind 1st.
November 28, 2011 09:56PM
#   Quote

Looks like a good list!

I've actually seen "The Road", the "Patriot", and have the book "Where there is no Doctor"!
November 28, 2011 10:32PM
#   Quote

Hotel Romeo
Anyone have any book recommendations?

Lights Out
- David Crawford (Author)

One Second After
- William R. Forstchen (Author)

That's start. I love to read and try to read a couple of books a week.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 08:19AM by LastStraw.
November 29, 2011 01:16AM
#   Quote

I just finished all the online links to Absolved; is the novel complete and if so where can I buy or download a copy??
November 29, 2011 09:46AM
#   Quote

Mike's supposed to be publishing before Christmas, so we'll see when it happens. I haven't seen an announcement on his blog about it, so I'd guess it's not out there yet.
November 30, 2011 09:17PM
#   Quote

...and bye the way; I don't remember reading anything online about Ricin plots. Did I miss something or is it just not there??
December 01, 2011 09:05AM
#   Quote

If you're talking Absolved, there was no use of ricin in the story, though it doesn't stop the leftist media from trying to push their "blood soaked novel" meme. Trying to blame any book for a person's actions is just stupid.
December 01, 2011 03:05PM
#   Quote

I just finished Survivors by James Rawles last night.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a good book but it was interesting & moderately entertaining. I enjoyed watching how it dovetailed with Patriots.

There is a recipe for a chemical reacting Molotov cocktail towards the end that makes it worth the price of the book!
December 02, 2011 12:22AM
#   Quote

A series I am collecting is the Foxfire Books

That is the main website but I have bought mine from other sites for less.

One thing I also do is go to Salvation Army/Resale shops and look for books on Medicine, Construction, Education etc, I've added some really good books for pennies.

Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

From Arctic Patriot: "Do not be the lone crossbowman holding his fire until he sees the whites of the armored knight's eyes behind his visor. Shoot that horse down as far away as you can. Then run, and do it again when you must."

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy" - James Madison

Age will not matter.
Strength of conviction and resolve
will carry us all through this.
Each of us will have a part to play
to the best of our ability. We will feed
off each others strengths and weakness.
Giving words of courage and showing it
as well. Encourage others, show strength
and plant the seeds of Liberty everyday.
We are ThreePercenters. - DEFENDER
December 02, 2011 05:42AM
#   Quote

I remember first seeing those in book stores back in the 80s!
December 03, 2011 04:47AM
#   Quote

Sail Man
A series I am collecting is the Foxfire Books

That is the main website but I have bought mine from other sites for less.

One thing I also do is go to Salvation Army/Resale shops and look for books on Medicine, Construction, Education etc, I've added some really good books for pennies.

I have a few of these in my preps as well. Solid info. Mine are some of the older books I bought used.

Here a few more;

Without Warning
- John Brmningham

Lords of Finance
- Liquat Ahamed

The Day Money Died
- Adam Fergusson
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 08:20AM by LastStraw.
December 08, 2011 07:22PM
#   Quote
Admin

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
December 10, 2011 08:18AM
#   Quote

Can't believe no one has mentioned this book. Art of War by Sun Tzu. Probably my favorite.
December 10, 2011 08:34AM
#   Quote

I just started reading "Enemies, foreign & domestic" by Matthew Bracken last night.

I am only about 50 pages into it but I already recommend it! I could totally see things going down like he writes it!
December 10, 2011 01:37PM
#   Quote

Clausewitz on War is another classic that l feel should be in everyones library.
December 10, 2011 03:10PM
#   Quote

Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings and the Hagakure are both excellent reads. Mentioning Art of War (which I still need to read) reminded me of those.
December 11, 2011 05:27PM
#   Quote

A very interesting story by Jerry D. Young, called "The Rainbow Currency Conspiracy". It's not a book, but a short story and can be read online at Jerry's web site. www.jerrydyoung.com. He has a lot of good prepper fiction for free on his website.

There are three types of people. Sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. I will be a sheepdog.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed." Luke 11:21
"And He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it along, likewise also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one.'" Luke 22:36
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. George Washington.
April 20, 2012 12:41PM
#   Quote

2 books that l recently purchased and highly recommend are Holding Your Ground and Without Rule of Law. Both are written by Joe Nobody.

"Holding Your Ground is an instructional guide and planning tool that addresses defensive preparation of a location. lf the government can no longer protect your home, farm, or property, Holding will teach you how. Holding covers virtually every aspect of protecting you and your familyin the event society breaks down."

"Without Rule of Law is a book written for non-military readers who believe in self-reliance and wish to develope advanced, just-in-case capabilitiesfor themselves and their families. The book includes instructions on planning, operational parameters and general guidance should TEOTWAWKI occur and extreme measures are required to survive."

Both books are very informative and even if you're former military and know most of the info provided, you'll still pick something up from them. lt's good for the family to read.

Badday says check 'em out.

I don't plan on dyin'.

I mean, yes, it is definitely a possibility, but I'd rather shoot 'n scoot to get some more.

My plan is to be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

Like a sandpaper dildo.
April 20, 2012 03:13PM
#   Quote

Thanks!
April 20, 2012 05:47PM
#   Quote

Nam by Marv Baker is good

There is another book I keep trying to finish called civil war II. I'll have to find it to put the author on here what I read so far was pretty good.
April 20, 2012 11:31PM
#   Quote

Someone told me years ago that his daughter had given him a set of books (three if memory serves me correctly) that was a DIY survival kinda encyclopedia. "How to" kinda stuff, churn butter, butcher livestock, animal husbandry, make soap, build a log cabin, etc. etc. The kind of books that if you were thrown out in the woods with a knife, ax and a couple of good firearms, what info would be needed to take care of EVERYTHING else. He told me the name of the set of books, but I can't remember his name, much less the name of the books.
Anybody got a clue ???

AGENDA 26: If you ignore the 2nd Amendment, I'll ignore the 6th Commandment !!!
- Me-
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
"Ignorance and Liberty cannot co-exist."
-Thomas Jefferson-
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
-Thomas Paine-
April 20, 2012 11:37PM
#   Quote

Just got Holding your ground for my Kindle. Looking forward to the read.

Death becomes us all. Will you die on your feet or chained to a wall?

The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness. – Robert A. Heinlein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!