how to make smoke grenades

Posted by Highland 
July 16, 2011 01:06PM
#   Quote

to make smoke grenades you will need potassiumnitrate, granulated sugar, disposible canister, heat source,cannon fuse, and cooking pan
mix one part sugar and one part potassium in cooking pot stir constantly over a low flame until mixture turns into a paste. once mixture is a paste quikly pour mixture into canister and insert fuse and let cool
July 16, 2011 01:58PM
#   Quote

I like simple recipes!

What would be great info is all the ways to produce Potassium nitrate!
July 16, 2011 10:01PM
#   Quote
Admin

I made a smoker like this back in 01. I used a quarter pound of Potassium Nitrate. I made a cloud that covered a 1/5 mile of my street. Good shit.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
July 16, 2011 10:52PM
#   Quote

My only experience in stuff like that was when I made a miniature motor out of
pipe in the caliber of a AA battery back in the 70s! I fired it with homemade
blackpowder with potassium nitrate and sulfur I bought at a chemical supplier;
I made my own charcoal! (which is even pretty hard for a teenager to screwup!).

I would set it up in the middle of the street of the suburbs of Walnut Creek,
light the fuse I confiscated from a firecracker, crossed my fingers that someone
wouldn't turn the corner to come down the street, and light the fuse! the damned
thing sounded like a .70 caliber musket with a big BOOM! those AA batteries never
could be found!

Shit, to do all that now days probably would cause a trigger happy SWAT team
to crash through your door!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 11:06PM by ENblock.
July 17, 2011 03:19PM
#   Quote

Fortunately, it's not quite at that level yet. I've had my whip cracking likened to the sound of an m80 firework, and the worst i had was when a friend and i were practicing cracking together at a park, we had four squad cars come up with ligghts going. Still have yet to get in trouble at all for my cracking. As bad as it sounds, it's not bad practice for dealing with cops. Also, here's another great source for smoke making, though they suggest a slightly different ratio of 3 parts nitrate, 2 parts sugar. They also give recipes for colored smoke: [chemistry.about.com]
July 17, 2011 05:00PM
#   Quote

LOL! Damn! Your lucky they didn't shoot you for having a dark object in your hand
like that guy they gunned downed in San Diego for having a hose nozzle in his
hand from watering his front yard!

I wasn't referring to just the noise, but also the act of buying potassium nitrate
and sulfur, and making black powder from scratch! That would be construeded
these days as the behavior of a home grown terrorists!
July 26, 2011 04:22PM
#   Quote

i dont know yet how to make pottassium nitrate but i do know you can buy this stuff as plant nutrition online
July 26, 2011 11:11PM
#   Quote

There are places online with directions on how to make it. Personally, i never felt the desire to deal with the effort.
July 26, 2011 11:16PM
#   Quote
Admin

Doesn't it involve scraping the white stuff off of dried up dog shit?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
July 27, 2011 03:28PM
#   Quote

Can also get it from potting soil or fertilizer, but it's a much more involved process
July 31, 2011 06:44PM
#   Quote
Admin

This sounds too simple LOL... where do you purchase potassium nitrate anyway? Anyone have a demo video on how well these work?

Never mind, I looked on youtube before finishing this post grinning smiley

Pretty wild!!

Also I found one that had baking soda in the mix.. I'm adding all these things for my next camping trip grinning smiley

Edited again - Home Depot & Lowes has potassium nitrate lol.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -- Thomas Jefferson
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 06:48PM by alias1776.
July 31, 2011 07:04PM
#   Quote

Yep, it's that simple. I've tested a small bit of the stuff. I found the best place so far for potassium nitrate is amazon, price wise. Couldn't find it at any hardware stores here in CA, sadly. I tried Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, and a few other places. The stuff on amazon comes in BB sized pieces, so you'd have to use a coffee grinder to put it in granular form for making smoke.
July 31, 2011 07:42PM
#   Quote

When I bought mine back in the 70, I easily picked it up at a chemical supply business!
cz7
January 02, 2012 06:46PM
#   Quote

please add some road flair mix ,it helps the burning of the rest of the mix ....

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
January 14, 2012 07:47AM
#   Quote

Clinkerbuilt
Texas
"Keep your powder dry"
January 14, 2012 07:54AM
#   Quote

Clinkerbuilt
Texas
"Keep your powder dry"
January 27, 2012 02:02AM
#   Quote

Clinkerbuilt

Nice thumbs up

Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

From Arctic Patriot: "Do not be the lone crossbowman holding his fire until he sees the whites of the armored knight's eyes behind his visor. Shoot that horse down as far away as you can. Then run, and do it again when you must."

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy" - James Madison

Age will not matter.
Strength of conviction and resolve
will carry us all through this.
Each of us will have a part to play
to the best of our ability. We will feed
off each others strengths and weakness.
Giving words of courage and showing it
as well. Encourage others, show strength
and plant the seeds of Liberty everyday.
We are ThreePercenters. - DEFENDER
October 02, 2013 02:18PM
#   Quote

Be careful with that. Ground up form and deseil is hme.

Come and take it.
Give me liberty or give me death.
October 02, 2013 02:30PM
#   Quote

Damn that was impressive

You can have my weapon when I am dead, careful though, the barrel's gonna be hot.
Airborne!! [m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
October 02, 2013 07:59PM
#   Quote

[www.youtube.com]

[www.gunbroker.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!