how to make smoke grenades

Posted by Highland 
October 27, 2014 10:03AM
#   Quote

I know the thread is a bit old, but to help those looking for KNO3...

Spectracide stump remover. 99.9%
October 27, 2014 10:37AM
#   Quote

Interesting!
October 27, 2014 12:06PM
#   Quote

I used to make those as a teenager! I used a ratio of 3 parts PN and 2 parts sugar as well. Just a FYI - do this OUTSIDE on a camping stove over low heat. Slow and steady is better until it gels. Remember this stuff burns extremely hot - it will melt glass quickly. I even made a couple conical arrowheads out of it - priceless!
October 27, 2014 12:07PM
#   Quote

Also, you should be able to get this from any pharmacy - although you will probably be put on a list for it. Ranchers used to use it as a laxative for cattle.
December 23, 2015 08:56PM
#   Quote

Best smoke mixture is 60/40 mix of potassium nitrate and powdered sugar. I add a couple spoonfulls of water to help mix it and get it into a well mixed slurry. Any more water than that, and it'll take forever to get into a peanut butter like paste. Once its reached the consistency of peanut butter, add just a couple pinches of baking soda to keep the burn process slow, thick and steady over a couple of minutes. A 200 gram smoke bomb will give you 3 ir 4 minutes of thick gray smoke. I also use this to make rockets, minus the baking soda.

I do military pyrotechnics for war games and this works great every time.
December 23, 2015 08:58PM
#   Quote

daschnoz
I know the thread is a bit old, but to help those looking for KNO3...

Spectracide stump remover. 99.9%

I have used the spectracide personally in a pinch and it worked perfectly. 100% verified.
December 23, 2015 09:05PM
#   Quote

It may be an old thread, but you gave us some damn good info.

Thanks, bro!smileys with beer

I don't plan on dyin'.

I mean, yes, it is definitely a possibility, but I'd rather shoot 'n scoot to get some more.

My plan is to be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

Like a sandpaper dildo.
January 28, 2016 09:14PM
#   Quote

Try looking for stump remover should be in a black bottle by done major pesticide brand if I remember correctly. It's pure potassium nitrate
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!