How to make a ghetto forge

Posted by Charlie Mike 
July 16, 2011 07:09PM
#   Quote
Admin

Get a soup can... The longer the better. Get something to make a rectangular die that will be roughly the size of the blades you are making and wrap it in tape and then foil. Put a hole in the center of the bottom of the can that is roughly the size of your torch nozzle. Place your die into the can so the hole is plugged. Make some mud, or if you have access to clay (the kind you fire in a kiln) even better. Pack the space in the can with your mud/clay and let it settle. Use a torch to speed it up. When dry... give it 2 days, use the torch to burn out the die. This should leave you with a channel to put your blade into. The purpose of this forge is to insulate you blade from the cooler outside air allowing the steel to get to non magnetic temp (red to yellow hot).

More pics to follow.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!
July 16, 2011 09:21PM
#   Quote
Admin

Now light a cigarette

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
[www.youtube.com]
July 19, 2011 05:57PM
#   Quote
Admin

[www.youtube.com]
October 29, 2012 06:49PM
#   Quote

Ha your fly is down.
So after i make this I can stick some raw steel in there? I know I sound stupid but what is the next step with the steel? Do you know how to make a mold for bullets?

"It is better to live on your feet than to die on your knees."
October 29, 2012 09:37PM
#   Quote
Admin

Hit me up... 559-375-4408

[www.youtube.com]
October 06, 2013 08:26AM
#   Quote

Charlie Mike
Hit me up... 559-375-4408

I will call here in a bit. I want to know the same thing making dies

Come and take it.
Give me liberty or give me death.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!