Got a critter you love?

Posted by Turret Buster 
October 20, 2015 06:13AM
#   Quote

I just listened to a story from a family member about an abused dog they know of. That shit breaks my heart. Yeah, I can't save the world. I get it.
Anyway, if you have a critter you care about, I want you to pay a little more attention to it today. Give it an extra treat, or hug, or whatever, please.

I can't figure out how to post a pic of my dog, or I would.

Thank you all.

13 Bravo - drove a truck. 54 Bravo - drove a desk. 11 Bravo - over paid baby sitter.
October 20, 2015 07:29AM
#   Quote

Our dogs are our kids. They sleep inside ( usually on the bed) and get taken care of. Our big boy, a doberman bloodhound mix is a big baby unless he doesn't know you. He always lays at my wife's feet. Other than peeing on my mustang tires I have no complaints. I can't stand an animal abuser.

Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone.
Volbeat
October 20, 2015 07:31AM
#   Quote

Also, when you all meet people and think about adding them to your tribe, observe how they treat animals. That might be an indication of how they would treat others in a close knit community.

Volbeat
October 20, 2015 07:54AM
#   Quote

sauced
Our dogs are our kids. They sleep inside ( usually on the bed) and get taken care of. Our big boy, a doberman bloodhound mix is a big baby unless he doesn't know you. He always lays at my wife's feet. Other than peeing on my mustang tires I have no complaints. I can't stand an animal abuser.

Can totally relate, Me and the wife have not been blessed with two legged children to this point, and with the current state of the union, im thinking thats a good thing, but we do love our dogs. Our house and land have been built to suit them, not us. As far as animal abusers go, I will gladly treat any human the way they treat animals. I had a Rottweiler that I literally took from someone in the process of abusing the dog. the punched the dog as hard as they could so i reciprocated and took the dog off the guys hands. Sad thing is that I did feel bad after I got to know the dog a little bit, because I found that likely the guy was also abusive toward the women in his life, because the rotty was very protective of women and for the first two months would not even let me sit on the couch next to my wife.

Screw all the patriotic quotations, I'm an American plain and simple. Don't like what we got going on, get the hell out, or be prepared to face the music - and I don't listen to your style of music.
October 20, 2015 01:49PM
#   Quote

Thanks guys smiling smiley

13 Bravo - drove a truck. 54 Bravo - drove a desk. 11 Bravo - over paid baby sitter.
October 20, 2015 02:37PM
#   Quote

I hate my dog... Other than that I do what he tells me... I want out, l want in, I need to pee, I'm gonna pee on your wheel, I want in the truck, I want out of the truck, I want cream on my dog food, I don't want to eat this , I want some of yours, play with me!!! Now.....
October 20, 2015 04:00PM
#   Quote

Luckypistols
I hate my dog... Other than that I do what he tells me... I want out, l want in, I need to pee, I'm gonna pee on your wheel, I want in the truck, I want out of the truck, I want cream on my dog food, I don't want to eat this , I want some of yours, play with me!!! Now.....

Stupid dogs. smiling smiley

October 20, 2015 05:14PM
#   Quote

Turret Buster
Luckypistols

Stupid dogs. smiling smiley

I thought our dogs were stupid. Then I realized that they are relaxing all day, eating for free, enjoying ac in the summer and heat in the winter. I realized they ain't stupid.
Stupid human!

Volbeat
October 20, 2015 10:08PM
#   Quote

My dogs are good company and they keep the rif raf away.
October 20, 2015 11:00PM
#   Quote

Just about all of my dogs over the many years have been rescued from bad circumstances and stayed with me till they died. That's all I've got to say about that.

Out of our current five dogs , (Mine) two GSD's (papered male/ female) , (my wife's) a corgi (F), chihuahua/maltese (M), and a ratcha (rat terrier/ chihuahua (M). Four of the five are rescues from really bad homes or situations.

Heck I'm a rescued mutt, if some of you get my drift, so why shouldn't I reciprocate when I can.

Pastor Mike is like the kookey uncle at all the family functions, he is full of experience, knowledge and doesn't speak up often. But when he does you better listen, because its gonna be good.

S.Snow, Sept.28 2015
..........................................................................................................
I've come across a few of his posts. Good stuff. Witty fucker!

Free2Conserve Jan 06 2016
October 20, 2015 11:12PM
#   Quote

About 3 months ago when I was home, one morning I was outside washing my truck and a 9 month out black German Shepherd came up from behind my truck. Startled me at first but she was whiny and in pain. Some dip shit had zip tied her snout and mouth closed. Nose was all swollen and having difficulty breathing. She wanted my help and she was not giving me a hard time. I looked at the zip tie but it was too tight for me to cut loose without hurting her so I called the sheriff's dept. Officer came out and I helped hold her while he cut it off.

There is when I found her bleeding badly behind the ear with a deep gash which seemed to be effecting her vision in the one eye. Being a Saturday, animal control was not on call but he me the call and we waited just shy of an hour and a half. They came and got her and thanked us for calling, filled out a form and they were on their way. After a couple weeks of stewing on the thought of fucking up the person who did it and feeling bad that no one else would take her. Well a couple more weeks passed and our local animal shelter posted her picture on facebook and my wife sent me the link because she was well enough to adopt.

After a discussion I told her to go down there and get her. Typically there's a bunch of forms and red tape that has to be dealt with but we fostered her out to start while working up the extra cash to fully adopt. Our call in on her plus our already A-1 record with the local vet with our two cats, she came home the next day. Now she is fully tagged, vaccinated, fixed, tripped nails, fully healed from injuries and surgery she has adopted into our family very well and it took no time at all for her to become VERY protective over us and she has already proven this.

But on the other hand, she is very playful and extremely spoiled. She sleeps 8n the house with us, let's us know when she needs to go out and all in all training very well with the exception of potty training which she knew before we got her.

Only thing that differs from me and her and everyone else in the house is if I have a bag of chips, I HAVE to share! This dog loves potatoes. She's a big puppy but she definitely knows when it's time to get serious on protection.
I do flaunt her around the front yard in hopes that the original owner will stop and say "hey, that's my dog!" in turn to beat the mother fucker near death then call the law to come get the piece of shit off my property and have him slapped with charges of cruelty to an animal. This dog is so loving and loyal that I can't see why someone would do such.

My two cats are dear to me as well and they are spoiled to the max. Both have been with me through the thick and the thin.

][][][%
October 21, 2015 01:04AM
#   Quote

My wife and I are suckers for dogs. We live in a rural area and we get dump puppies on our little road because it is out of the way and secluded. 3 of our 6 are dump puppies. They are all large dogs. The smallest weighing at 50#s. Belle (Lab mix), Petunia (Walker Hound), Ruger (Catahoula Cur), their son Hercules (Walker/Catahoula mix), Lucy and Gypsy (Rhodesian Ridgebacks). They are inside/outside dogs. Yeah they shed and it's a pain but they are all good dogs with great personalities. We have raised them all from puppies. When our house flooding from a busted water pipe bc of the cold and we were on a slab, Petunia had her puppies in the house bc it was still very cold out. Our three kids love all those dogs and vice versa. I feel better having them at the house when I go away for long weekends in the woods.

You can have my weapon when I am dead, careful though, the barrel's gonna be hot.
Airborne!! [m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
October 21, 2015 06:13AM
#   Quote

My best friend is a German shepard and Pyrenees mix that was a SPCA rescue that my stepbrother had. At about a year old, he got to big for him and his apartment, so he gave him to his brother inlaw at the time. He must have beaten him. During hurricane Ike, they dropped him off at my Mom's house and never picked him back up. My Mom and I cleaned him up. She wanted to take him but he was too big and she just had a stroke. I started walking him and training him and he never stopped following me. Now he's almost 9 and as I type this he's sleeping outside my sons' rooms. He had to go outside for 2 years as our youngest was born because of the hair, but he's back inside and couldn't be happier. That dog would follow me to hell and back.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
October 21, 2015 07:43AM
#   Quote

bravocharlie3bravo
My best friend is a German shepard and Pyrenees mix that was a SPCA rescue that my stepbrother had. At about a year old, he got to big for him and his apartment, so he gave him to his brother inlaw at the time. He must have beaten him. During hurricane Ike, they dropped him off at my Mom's house and never picked him back up. My Mom and I cleaned him up. She wanted to take him but he was too big and she just had a stroke. I started walking him and training him and he never stopped following me. Now he's almost 9 and as I type this he's sleeping outside my sons' rooms. He had to go outside for 2 years as our youngest was born because of the hair, but he's back inside and couldn't be happier. That dog would follow me to hell and back.

"Mine" is a German Shepherd, or I'm hers's, it's a toss up about who's is who, if you know what I mean. smiling smiley I always wanted a Shepherd growing up but there was always an excuse why I shouldn't.

I was attached to an Army Infantry Battalion at Andrews Air Force Base (Washington DC) when OIF kicked off, and I got to work closely with the Air Force Security Forces - Military Police - during my time there. What I witnessed the MP's doing with their dog's simply amazed me. Granted, those were highly trained military working dogs. But.... Those dogs would have given their lives's for their handlers. The dogs put themselves between danger and their handlers time after time.
I was given the opportunity to purchase a pup in 2009. I did a lot of reading and asking questions to those that work(ed) with them, and learned all I could, the good and the bad. And there was very little bad smiling smiley

One of the bad things was they need brushing everyday, mine every other day. She's a longhair shepherd and if I don't run a brush her the house will very quickly be overrun with fur. She's an inside dog BTW, but she spends a good part of her day outdoors keeping the backyard squirrel and bird free. We've never had an unwarranted aggression problem with her, but the UPS guy and pizza delivery people might have a differing opinion about that smiling smiley

The wife and kids know without a doubt that they can count on her to keep them safe, but make no mistake, I'm her human and she does get jealous if I show another dog any affection at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 07:45AM by Turret Buster.
October 21, 2015 08:38AM
#   Quote

Mine is jealous too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
October 24, 2015 11:50PM
#   Quote

I was Animal Control Officer for 10 yrs, and worked 2 yrs at a humane society. My house overflows with goofy dogs. What has always amazed me is the unconditional love and forgiveness dogs have. AND how obnoxious they are if dinner is 5 minutes late.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!