Fitness

Posted by Lion 
October 30, 2015 07:22AM
#   Quote

I know this is a subject nobody really wants to hear, but the truth is most people aren't in the best physical shape to begin with for everyday life, which means they'll be in even worse shape if SHTF.

That said, if you're in poor shape now is the time to start fixing it. It's all well and good to talk about joining the fight or bugging out to the woods, but good luck being effective if you can't carry your bug out bag or tac equipment more than 50 yards without wheezing or needing a break.

A few simple tips for getting in better shape:

1) Drink Water.

Yep, the granddaddy phrase we've all heard a million times before. But it's true. Protects you from injury, keeps you hydrated, and helps you lose any extra fluff you've been keeping stored for winter. Try replacing soda with water and you'll notice a huge difference in how you feel.

2) Start slow, but start

If you don't go to the gym or exercise some kind of way, I recommend walking in the evenings. Upgrade that to jogging after a week or two, then start adding weight. Ruck marches suck, but they're the best way to prepare your body for doing exactly that--rucking a heavy ass bag across land. If you actually want to hit the gym and need advice or tips, PM me. I'm a personal trainer part time, so I'd be glad to help.

3) Portions

If shit goes sideways, we'll all be rationing our food, so what better way to get ready for that than to tighten our belts now? It takes a lot less food than you think or feel it does to keep you going. Most people don't ear until they aren't hungry, they eat until they're stuffed. Don't do that. Only eat until you aren't hungry. Not stuffed.

Again, this is my one area of expertise. I was a PT stud in the Army and a personal trainer right now. This subject is my only knowledge to really offer, but I noticed a gap in the forums, so I'm filling it

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to PM me.

"Hile, Gunslingers! The White has come to stand against the Black!"
October 30, 2015 10:27AM
#   Quote

Very good post there Lion , very good !

I I could add anything to what you said it would just be about adding a little apple cider vinegar to the water and or learning to make homemade gatoraid to replace lost electrolytes .

After battling so much illness and injury for years , I'm finally starting to make a bit of a turn around. With help from my wife, and our teammates all I have to do now is stop acting like Superman and over doing it when I start feeling better . I recently dug out my son's old cast bar bells (from 1lb -45lbs) ,free weights, bench, jump rope and my old kick boxing body bag. EVERYONE is making sure that I'm going slow and easy, and in turn encouraging them to also work out some.
I am 5'11" and 200lbs , I'm working on getting down to at least 190lbs this winter and building up more muscle . We also walk a lot .

Please keep posting and throwing out suggestions , we all need to encourage one another to do better in this department .

Thank you !

Pastor Mike is like the kookey uncle at all the family functions, he is full of experience, knowledge and doesn't speak up often. But when he does you better listen, because its gonna be good.

S.Snow, Sept.28 2015
..........................................................................................................
I've come across a few of his posts. Good stuff. Witty fucker!

Free2Conserve Jan 06 2016
October 30, 2015 04:41PM
#   Quote

Eat smart. Walk regularly for fat loss. Do your core workout and large body movements, like burpees.

This is what I like to do if I am limited for time and wanna wind myself quick.
I call them "Fallen Monkey"

From standing drop to a push-up position, knock one out
Mountain climber twice
Knockout another push-up
On your feet
To jump to a pull up
Do one pull up drop to feet.
That's 1

The exercises themselves are not all that difficult. The difficulty is the blood doesn't know where to go because almost every muscle system is being used. Much like a fight. So the blood is everywhere, which will drain your core supply, and make you huff and puff like a freight train. If you do what you can for approx 120-180 days (that's about how long it takes for the blood system to really crank up and respond) then you will find yourself being able to do more and more. Your oxygen carrying capacity mixed with your muscle toneness will allow you to work multiple muscular systems at the same time without the oxygen dapravity and crossing the lactic acid threshold.

You can have my weapon when I am dead, careful though, the barrel's gonna be hot.
Airborne!! [m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
October 30, 2015 07:49PM
#   Quote

My 60 yr old high milage knees mean I am fighting from a fixed position.

Our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor.
October 31, 2015 03:56AM
#   Quote

One thing that helped me drop those extra unwanted pounds was meal proportions. I went from eating two or three times till I was stuffed, to eating five to seven times, but only fist sized amounts. It keeps you mobile and steady blood sugar levels.Eat every two and a half to three hours, and no carbs four hours before bed, but you can still eat protein.STAY FROSTY.

Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin stuff.

Preacher lady is over here saying "No alchohol "
Obama is over there saying " no guns "
I'm stuck here drunk as hell shootin shit.

LIVE FREE OR DIE
October 31, 2015 09:54AM
#   Quote

So I shouldn't have eaten that foot-long turkey on wheat sub at 11:30pm along with a tumbler of Canadian whiskey and sweet tea last night while watching documentaries on the Plains Indian Tribes ?

Soooooo that's why I had such weird dreams , aaahhhhh now it makes sense !

No more bread before bed, thanks MMR1 !!! grinning smiley

Pastor Mike is like the kookey uncle at all the family functions, he is full of experience, knowledge and doesn't speak up often. But when he does you better listen, because its gonna be good.

S.Snow, Sept.28 2015
..........................................................................................................

October 31, 2015 10:07AM
#   Quote

Pastor Mike
So I shouldn't have eaten that foot-long turkey on wheat sub at 11:30pm along with a tumbler of Canadian whiskey and sweet tea last night while watching documentaries on the Plains Indian Tribes ?

Soooooo that's why I had such weird dreams , aaahhhhh now it makes sense !

No more bread before bed, thanks MMR1 !!! grinning smiley

So you had Jareds footlong? I thought he likes kids?

Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone.
Volbeat
October 31, 2015 10:24AM
#   Quote

Nahhhh just a crappy Wal-Mart sub I grabbed when I picked up another months supply of dog food. Gotta prep for the pets.

Jared's a Beans and Weenies kinda guy and he'll have fun in the pokey for it to, sick bastard .

S.Snow, Sept.28 2015

November 01, 2015 07:18AM
#   Quote

I don't plan on dyin'.

I mean, yes, it is definitely a possibility, but I'd rather shoot 'n scoot to get some more.

My plan is to be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

Like a sandpaper dildo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!