Perimeter ideas

Posted by sauced 
November 04, 2015 08:00PM
#   Quote

A buddy and I got on the subject of perimeter ideas. I live in a rural setting. Between the outer edge of my yard and the woods is cattle fields. I thought of the idea of remote activated flashlights. For the most part, where would people look at night if a flashlight kicks on? Most would look towards the light. At least at first. We talked about hiding a 2-300 lumen flashlight in brush, etc facing an area where people might approach. Dig out a low profile area to provide over watch. If you hear people approaching, kick the light or lights on and when they look toward the light you take whatever action is needed from another area.
My buddy added a layer (if power of some type is available) of a speaker with a dog barking as another distraction to add to the light. Depending on the setup it could provide just enough distraction to make a difference.
Input please

Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone.
Volbeat
November 04, 2015 08:19PM
#   Quote

In Roman times they used geese and guinea hens on the outer perimeters. They are both noisy and territorial.

They are both usually self resourceful.

You can have my weapon when I am dead, careful though, the barrel's gonna be hot.
Airborne!! [m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 08:20PM by Airb0rne4325.
November 04, 2015 08:52PM
#   Quote

People in south Florida use peacocks.

Holly shit they're loud!

Those damned things'll scare the hell outta ya'!

Like AB said, geese and guineas are good.

Donkeys are great alarms as well as defendin' other livestock against 'yotes and wild dogs.

These are pretty good for areas that people may use, but animals won't. [www.americanspecialtyammo.com]

The automatic flood light is a good idea, but you may wanna back it up with some surveillance cameras and monitors.

I don't plan on dyin'.

I mean, yes, it is definitely a possibility, but I'd rather shoot 'n scoot to get some more.

My plan is to be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

Like a sandpaper dildo.
November 04, 2015 08:59PM
#   Quote

badday
People in south Florida use peacocks.

Holly shit they're loud!

Those damned things'll scare the hell outta ya'!

Like AB said, geese and guineas are good.

Donkeys are great alarms as well as defendin' other livestock against 'yotes and wild dogs.

These are pretty good for areas that people may use, but animals won't. [www.americanspecialtyammo.com]

The automatic flood light is a good idea, but you may wanna back it up with some surveillance cameras and monitors.

The thought behind the light is that it's activated by someone there in the area. This is for if things go to hell. You hear what seems to be people sneaking towards your area, wait for the right moment, hit the light and when they react to the light you do what you need to do.....

Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone.
Volbeat
November 04, 2015 09:03PM
#   Quote

If things go to hell, fuck the lights.

It's time for land mines, pipe bombs, and molotov cocktails.drinking smiley

I don't plan on dyin'.

I mean, yes, it is definitely a possibility, but I'd rather shoot 'n scoot to get some more.

My plan is to be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

Like a sandpaper dildo.
November 04, 2015 09:44PM
#   Quote

the lights are good idea, if its the flash from a claymore making the light.
leo
November 05, 2015 05:33AM
#   Quote

You can implement perimeter alarms and overt notional measures. Noise makers will for a time scare the crap out a sneak and peak or OPFOR. They have lost the element of surprise.

Fight the fight. Endure to win!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!