9th Circuit did as expected

Posted by danoutah 
February 09, 2017 05:37PM
#   Quote

All they did was weaken a country, today. Nathan R. Jessup. These pricks aren't judges; they are legislators in black robes. Nothing more than BlueChip Assholes.
February 09, 2017 05:38PM
#   Quote

Upheld the suspension on Trumps immigration ban. What the hell is going on in this Country, folks???
February 09, 2017 06:07PM
#   Quote

Civil war. drinking smiley

Live for nothing, or die for something!

I am full of shit, every post I make is for entertainment purposes only and cannot be verified since it exists only in my head, at no point can I be presumed to be intelligent, or credible in any way.
February 09, 2017 06:10PM
#   Quote

Getting a lot closer to it Scout!! They think about the outcome they want, and THEN write their opinion. Fuckin Traitors.
February 09, 2017 06:25PM
#   Quote

Yeah. It's just a piece here and a piece there for now, but, sooner or later, it will get real. Real quick.

I am full of shit, every post I make is for entertainment purposes only and cannot be verified since it exists only in my head, at no point can I be presumed to be intelligent, or credible in any way.
February 09, 2017 06:29PM
#   Quote

This forces the conservative hand, I think. Gorsuch is gonna have to be pushed through with Nuclear Option, then send it to SCOTUS.
February 09, 2017 06:37PM
#   Quote

scout-one

I believe it wont be too long now.

February 09, 2017 06:41PM
#   Quote

It forces the constitutionalists hand. According to the way I understand it, the president has every authority to ban anyone from entering the U.S. at any time for any reason if he deems them a threat to security.

February 09, 2017 06:50PM
#   Quote

The Senate can now begin impeachment proceedings against them.

I posted this yesterday but it must have gotten buried.
[www.threepercenter.org]

[www.whitehouse.gov]
Federal judges can only be removed through impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction in the Senate. Judges and justices serve no fixed term ā€” they serve until their death, retirement, or conviction by the Senate. By design, this insulates them from the temporary passions of the public, and allows them to apply the law with only justice in mind, and not electoral or political concerns.
"to apply the law with only justice in mind, and not electoral or political concerns."
[ballotpedia.org]
Impeachment of federal judges

Article III federal judges are appointed to life terms while serving "during good Behaviour," as stated in Section 1 of Article III of the United States Constitution. Though it does not expressly state in the Constitution that judges may be impeached and removed from office, they fall under the label of "Civil Officers" in Article II, Section 4.[1] That says:
ā€œ The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.[2] [3] ā€
Impeachable offenses

Federal judges are subject to the same degree of offenses as all federal officials, but to a somewhat higher degree. The Senate has removed judges from office for substantial questionable conduct, even if no crime was committed. For example, Judge Robert Wodrow Archbald was impeached and removed from office for improper business relationships with litigants. One reason for this may be the life tenure bestowed upon federal judges and the Congress' place in upholding the "good behavior" of judges.[4]
Proceedings

Article II of the Constitution gives the United States House of Representatives sole power of impeachment, and assigns the power to try impeachments to the United States Senate.[2]
Historical impeachment of judges

Fifteen federal judges have been impeached. Of those fifteen: eight were convicted by the Senate, four were acquitted by the Senate, and three resigned before an outcome at trial.

Pastor Mike is like the kookey uncle at all the family functions, he is full of experience, knowledge and doesn't speak up often. But when he does you better listen, because its gonna be good.

S.Snow, Sept.28 2015
..........................................................................................................
I've come across a few of his posts. Good stuff. Witty fucker!

Free2Conserve Jan 06 2016
February 09, 2017 06:53PM
#   Quote

Scout--yes, absolutely, unless you have a huge ego, and find yourself more important than you really are and start to believe that this trashy little robe gives you more power than it really does. That is when you start believing the hype: that you can do whatever you want; that you really don't have to read the law; cause after all, you can write it, that whatever you say, will be followed. What these fuckin fools don't seem to understand, is that their bullshit laws only are allowed, by WE THE PEOPLE. When we find them absurd, i.e. Safe Act; that is when they get our other favorite flag flown: the middle finger!
February 09, 2017 07:25PM
#   Quote

I just found this, dated 22 Jan 2017. It appears that there are plans to break up the 9th, along with four empty appointment seats that Trump needs to fill !

[www.newsmax.com]
GOP Hopes to Finally Break Up 'Liberal' 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., aims to break up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, which has been "oversized and overworked" and tended to be one of the most liberal courts in the U.S., The Hill reported Sunday.

"With regard to the court, it's just access to justice," Flake told The Hill. "Its docket is more than twice as big as the next biggest circuit. This has been a long time coming, and hopefully we can make some progress finally."

Flake is preparing a legislative bill to ease the burden of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, which covers California, Arizona, Alaska, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Washington, Hawaii, as well as Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. Flake's work helped create an additional U.S. circuit court last year, which included Arizona, Nevada, Montana, Idaho and Alaska.

"I think there's been a long recognition that the 9th Circuit is behemoth and is one of the most problematic circuits in the country," Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas told The Hill.

"Frankly, when Sen. Harry Reid [D-Nev.] and Democrats packed the D.C. Circuit, they didn't really need the help because they didn't have much to do, so redistributing the judges places where they actually have the caseload to justify, that is something Iā€™d be willing to look at."

In addition to be overloaded, handling 20 percent of the U.S. appellate cases, GOP lawmakers have considered the California-based 9th Circuit Court of Appeal to be too radical, according to The Hill. It once ruled the words "under God" in the pledge of allegiance was unconstitutional, but the U.S. Supreme Court overturned that.

"Some of the senators from the west have been concerned about the ideological composition of the court and the opinions it issues," Richmond School of Law professor Carl Tobias said. "It's long been considered the most liberal court, but I think that's less true today."

President Donald Trump has four vacancies to fill on the Ninth Circuit, which has had 18 of its 25 active judges appointed by Democratic presidents, but legislation breaking up the court, which has failed by Democratic opposition for decades, stands a better chance with the GOP-held Congress.

"The problem has always been that it has a very large and somewhat unwieldy geographic area and caseload, so the question is whether there's an effective way to deal with those appeals," Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., told The Hill. "I'd have to see those details."

Pastor Mike is like the kookey uncle at all the family functions, he is full of experience, knowledge and doesn't speak up often. But when he does you better listen, because its gonna be good.

S.Snow, Sept.28 2015
..........................................................................................................
I've come across a few of his posts. Good stuff. Witty fucker!

Free2Conserve Jan 06 2016
February 10, 2017 09:35AM
#   Quote

scout-one

We can only hope.

Pass the CLP...

Sic Semper Tyrannis

One Hundred Heads
February 10, 2017 10:30AM
#   Quote

I haven't done deep research, but Ive read the constitution and Ive read a few articles about this, and by all measures, this edict is within the president's powers, and not only that there is precedent for doing this, it has been done by two dem POTUS's...carter and Obama. also, it seems that the effect of it was exaggerated by the media...Ive read that very few people from those countries were turned around. most were questioned and relaeased from cutody and allowed to go on about their business.

I got everything to gain, shit to lose, and a mosin nagant that I'm dying to use---young jeezy
AR-15's are for terrorists and communists, real patriotic americans use the Kalashnikov!----bitter clinging texan
February 10, 2017 11:12AM
#   Quote

here is an article by reason about the court decision.
http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/10/why-the-9th-circuit-declined-to-reinstat

I got everything to gain, shit to lose, and a mosin nagant that I'm dying to use---young jeezy
AR-15's are for terrorists and communists, real patriotic americans use the Kalashnikov!----bitter clinging texan
February 10, 2017 11:35AM
#   Quote

another one from reason critiqueing the ill thought out(in their oopinion) travel ban, with legal arguments also
http://reason.com/archives/2017/02/09/collateral-damage-from-an-ill-advised-ex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 11:36AM by bitter clinging texan.
JWF
February 10, 2017 12:08PM
#   Quote

how do we deal with the terrorism threat? Look what's happening to france,Germany and the UK? If the US does nothing than it's our asses, what can we do if not the ban to eliminate the threat from them? They've terrorized Europe and all but destroyed the middle east...are we destined to be next just because it's not nice? I'm genuinely curious.

Welcome to the Threeper forum....i love you
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 12:09PM by JWF.
February 10, 2017 02:55PM
#   Quote

We won't be dealing with it like France or Germany. If those goat fuckers thought we was mean while restrained by ROE, they REALLY don't want none when we ain't. They start leaving headless corpses in our streets, and we will turn the hogs loose. drinking smiley

JWF
February 10, 2017 03:03PM
#   Quote

scout-one
We won't be dealing with it like France or Germany. If those goat fuckers thought we was mean while restrained by ROE, they REALLY don't want none when we ain't. They start leaving headless corpses in our streets, and we will turn the hogs loose. drinking smiley
thumbs upsmileys with beer

February 10, 2017 03:10PM
#   Quote

scout-one

I can see it now, BCT piloting the Enola Gay, dropping crates of boar into the streets, while PM greases up his shit kickers with bacon grease, readying to tactically deploy SQUEAL Team Six.

Now you will receive us.
We do not ask for your poor or your hungry.
We do not want your tired and sick.
It is your corrupt we claim.
It is your evil that will be sought by us.
With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Each day we will spill their blood till' it rains down from the skies.
Do not rape, Do not kill, Do not steal,
These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
These are not polite suggestions.
These are codes of behavior and those of you who ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of of evil.
We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over.
Into true corruption, Into our domain.
But if you do, One day you will look behind you and you will see we three.
And on that day you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
And Shepherds we shall be.
For Thee my Lord, For Thee.
Power Hath descended forth from thy hand.
That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris.
Et Fili.
Et Spiritus Sancti
JWF
February 10, 2017 03:15PM
#   Quote

Lmao.....Leviathon is the next Silvia Brown thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!