Krav Maga - Defensive Tactics

Posted by APLEA1 
July 31, 2015 10:43PM
#   Quote

Learn self defense and build your own group with our 2 day Krav Maga Intensive trainings. You can come to us or we will come to you ! Learn what the Israeli and US special forces are doing to enhance their security

Www.kravinstructor.net

"Eqipping Leaders to defend freedom"
[www.facebook.com]
Www.apleatrainingacademy.com
Www.privatelawenforcement.com
August 04, 2015 05:56PM
#   Quote

20 hours doesn't seem like enough time to go from not knowing any of the curriculum to teaching it. How does that work?

God Save Our Republic

"I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees."
August 04, 2015 06:43PM
#   Quote

Speed reading

Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone.
Volbeat
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 06:44PM by sauced.
August 04, 2015 06:58PM
#   Quote

Well I can forget about that class then.

God Save Our Republic

"I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees."
August 05, 2015 06:38PM
#   Quote

Not gonna be a dick but Krav Maga is useless and dumb and 20 hours isn't enough time to be good.
August 05, 2015 10:02PM
#   Quote

not claiming to be a defensive tactics guru, but as i understand it, that is exactly the strength of krav maga. its designed to be quick and easy to learn and teach by being really simple. it isnt supposed to make ninjas ninjier, but rather make unskilled initiates a little less helpless by giving a few easy to remember strategies.

the weakness of most all martial arts is too many techniques for too many circumstaces are crammed into the brain but muscle memory isnt built enuf for instant recall under pressure.

why is it that folks train only a couple shooting positions over and over to gain mastery of basics, but then expect the hand to hand combatives to be composed of 15 or 20 years of myriad techniques styles and forms mastered and taught only by learned geriatrics?

i say learn and teach simple basics. a few boxing combinations, a little hikuta, a couple krav maga disarms. drill these so often they bore people to tears. i suspect these trainees can likely overcome the naysaying ninjas that have so much ninjaness in their heads that their ooda loops take 45 minutes to decide which badass takedown they want to destroy uke with.

i dont think krav maga is a joke. it is a tool for the toolbox. is it for everyone, apparently not?
August 05, 2015 11:45PM
#   Quote

It's good training to remove the flight or freeze reaction from an altercation and condition the person to fight instead. I don't see it as a martial art though, more like mental conditioning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

We are not affiliated with, nor do our discussions necessarily imply endorsement by The Sipsy Street Irregulars.
Please Login or Register!